Terms of Service
All customers of the Friends & Farmers Online Market must agree to be bound by the following rules (which rules may be modified at any time by the Friends & Farmers Cooperative) and by placing an order agree to be so bound:
- Each order placed by a customer is a legally enforceable contract. If a customer fails to pickup an order, the customer is still obligated to pay for the items in the order.
- Our pick-up day team will inspect all orders prior to pickup. In the event that product gets damaged during packing or is found to be of poor quality, we will provide a store credit to the customer, provided that the unacceptable goods are reported upon inspection at the market.
- Our goal is to provide the highest quality produce, and we require our member farmers to deliver market-grade products. The customer understands that since many of our farmers do not use pesticides or herbicides, fruits and vegetables may have cosmetic inconsistencies (i.e., produce will not look "perfect").
- Sellers must reside and produce the items they sell within a 100-mile radius of State College, Pennsylvania.
- Except for USDA-inspected meat processors who process and package products from producers within a 100-mile radius of State College (i.e. Rising Spring Meat Co.), sellers must be the original producer of all items being sold.
- All items sold as certified organic must meet the requirements of the National Organic Program. Sellers of certified organic items must have a copy of their Organic Product Verification (OPV) on file with the Market Manager.
- A service fee of 20% will be added to each customer purchase for customers who are members of Friends & Farmers Cooperative, to cover operational costs. A service fee of 30% will be added to each customer purchase for customers who are not members of Friends & Farmers Cooperative, to cover operational costs.
- Note about Per-Pound Item Pricing:
For items that are sold by the pound, such as cheese and meat, package sizes will vary between a pre-set range. For example, Clover Creek cheddar cheese is sold in wedges that weigh between 0.5 and 0.58 lb. The base price is $10 per pound. For a co-op member, with the markup, the cost is $12 per pound. For a non-member, with the markup, the cost is $13 per pound.
If you are a co-op member, and add one wedge of Clover Creek cheddar cheese to your cart, and pay online, your credit card will be charged at the higher weight – 0.58 pounds at $12 per pound = $6.96.
When you come to pick up your order, we will bring the cheese wedge out of the cooler and check how much it actually weighs. If it weighs 0.58 pounds, then the transaction is done – your credit card was charged for the amount you received. If the wedge weighs 0.5 pounds, we’ll enter that into the LFM system as an adjustment and to give you a credit for the overcharge ($0.08 x $12 = $0.96) to be applied to your next order. If you decide to pay at pickup with cash or check, the adjustment will happen at checkout, and you will pay $6.00 for a 0.5 pound wedge, up to $6.96 for a 0.58 pound wedge.